4th and 5th Gen Toyota 4Runner and FJ Auxiliary Power Kit Installation Instructions
Overland Equipped Auxiliary Power Kit – 4Runner/FJ
Some things to note before getting started:
2020+ 4Runner Owners: Toyota added a new relay box in the same location where this bracket goes. Other customers have removed the bracket from the new relay and tucked it beneath the Overland Equipped bracket. Just be aware some modifications are necessary.
FJ Owners: FJs with the factory inverter option (standard 115v, house plug in) will need to relocate the relay box seen in the picture below. Will not fit FJs with manual transmissions!
1. Thanks for putting us to work on your rig! If you are not confident in your ability to safely install this kit, please consult a professional (Check out the fine print below. Overland Equipped isn’t liable if you injure yourself or your truck, PLEASE BE SAFE!)
2. Disconnect negative battery terminal to prevent frying yourself or your rig!
3. Prior to fitting up bracket in the engine bay, insert larger 8mm bolts through split washer, then flat washer and insert into upper mounting location on mounting bracket near the accessory fuse block already installed on the bracket.
4. Start upper mounting bolts roughly 3-4 turns.
5. Align lower mounting holes to factory tapped positions and insert smaller supplied 6mm bolts first through split washer, then flat washer then into bracket and factory tapped hole. Tighten until split washer is fully flat then add one more ¼ turn.
6. Return to top mounting bolts and tighten until split washer is fully flat then add one more ¼ turn.
7. Connect the black fuse block to ground cable to nearby existing grounding location (see fig. 1 below). Ensure routing of cable wont cause chaffing.
8. Install red positive circuit breaker to battery cable near main positive battery connection (see fig. 2 below). Ensure routing of cable wont cause chaffing.
9. Reconnect Main negative battery connection.
10. Be 100% certain your amp draw doesn’t exceed your circuit breaker limit for proper operation and safety sake!
11. You’re done, crack a cold one and connect all your accessories!
Have questions? Contact us at: email@example.com
Check out our other unique products:
Manufactured by Grit Gear LLC under the brand name Overland Equipped. All parts and products are designed to increase off-road or overland capability and are intended for these uses only. Grit Gear LLC cannot be held liable for any unforeseen damage to the vehicle or injuries during use or installation due to gross negligence. Upon purchasing, the buyer accepts full liability for any injury or property damage that may occur while using products manufactured by Grit Gear LLC. If you do not feel confident in your ability to install products, a qualified professional should be employed for installation. Grit Gear LLC will not be responsible for any damage or injury that may occur during installation or use.